In October of 2010, the Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley Board of Directors held a workshop retreat to discuss and develop a long-term direction for the organization. Pride's achievements were positioned against the current objectives and aspirations. Through this excercise, it became apparent that the way to fully realize the long-term plan was to revise the organization's current mission and vision statements. Collectively, the group drafted the new mission, vision and purpose statements. The revisions were supported by a majority vote at the Annual Meeting held on January 27, 2011. The intent of these new statements is to focus and align the organization's efforts and clarify to Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley's purpose.
Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley is dedicated to building safe and inclusive communities for individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Diversity is the foundation of community and individual health. Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley is a 501(c)(3) volunteer non-profit organization in Eastern Pennsylvania. We provide opportunities for positive visibility and safe environments that permit the expression of diverse perspectives by:
- - Creating safe opportunities for integrating and promoting visibility for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community
- - Providing resources to community groups
- - Advocating for human and civil rights
- - Cultivating programs for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth
- - Supporting economic growth through community partnerships
To provide the greater Lehigh Valley community with opportunities designed to enrich the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and the community as a whole.
- - Partnering with corporations and community groups for education, outreach and other purposes;
- - Networking resources and information by publishing an annual resource guide, website and newsletter;
- - Donating funds and staff to other community groups, when feasible.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 30 January 2011 21:13 )