DIVERSITY ESSAY CONTEST
You are eligible to apply for the Diversity Essay Contest if:
* You are currently a senior in high school with plans to attend an accredited higher education institution, or are already enrolled in an accredited higher education institution within the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill and Warren.
* Your high school, accredited institution or you must reside in the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill and Warren
* You have not won more than three awards total in any category (GLBT Student of the Year, Rainbow Award, Diversity Essay Contest) in any year. Applicants may only win a maximum of three awards total from the Rainbow Scholarship Program.
DIVERSITY ESSAY CONTEST QUESTION:
Find the anti-discrimination policy for your school. How is sexual orientation and gender identity included? If it is, ask your principle and/or superintendent how it is enforced and/or how discrimination is prevented in your school. If it is not included, what measures can be made at your school to revise the policy? Please include one (1) photocopy the policy.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (Rainbow Award and Queer Student of the Year)
You are eligible to apply for the GLBT Student of Year and Rainbow Award Scholarship if:
* You meet the criteria listed above in the Diversity Essay Contest
* You self - identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or intersex
In Order to be Considered for any of the awards, you must submit:
*A completed application
*Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic standing and community engagement
*Transcript from high school and/or accredited institution of higher education (as appropriate)
*GLTBI Student of the Year and Rainbow Awards: Discussion Questions (section D of the application)
*Diversity Essay Contest: Essay Question (Section E of the application)
* SPECIAL NOTE: GLBTI youth are permitted to apply to all three (3) awards.