* The essay contest is open to all graduating high school students, students currently enrolled or beginning in a higher education degree program regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
* Reside in the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill and Warren
ESSAY CONTEST QUESTION:
Find the anti-discrimination policy for your school. How is sexual orientation and gender identity included? If it is, ask your principle and/or superintendent how it is enforced and/or how discrimination is prevented in your school. If it is not included, what measures can be made at your school to revise the policy? Please include one (1) photocopy the policy.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (Rainbow Award and Queer Student of the Year)
Applicants must:* Identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or intersex, with the exception of the essay contest.
* Must be a graduating high school senior or a student who will be attending a school of higher education.
* Reside in the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill and Warren.
* Must submit two letters of recommendation, transcript and completed application.
SPECIAL NOTE: GLBTI youth are permitted to apply to all three (3) awards.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 10 May 2012 12:51 )