Why Become a Vendor?
Vendors at the Pride in the Park Festival have the opportunity to directly interact with more than 4,000 LGBT people and their allies in Eastern PA’s largest annual gathering of this community. For-profit businesses, political candidates, various causes, and retailers will discover a captive audience interested in their products and message.
Studies and research have found that LGBT people make up a brand-loyal and lucrative niche market in any business plan (nationally, the LGBT community has approximately $655 billion in spending power). Nonprofit organizations will have the opportunity to educate the LGBT community about important issues, recruit members, and get feedback from the community about their interests and goals.
Pride in the Park: For Profit Merchandise / Information Vendor
Pride in the Park: For Profit Merchandise / Information Vendor
Vendor space available in 10’x10’ increments only.
For profit MERCHANDISE/INFORMATION VENDOR - $100 per 10' x10' space. Vendors are responsible for supplying their own tables, chairs and tents.
Electric supply to your location requires an additional $40 fee.
Please read important information below. All vendors must accept the terms of Waiver of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement.
IMPORTANT VENDOR INFORMATION
- May begin set-up on Saturday, August 19th from 12:00pm - 6:00pm or Sunday, August 20th from 7:00am - 11:00am;
- MUST be set up and in operation no later than 12:00pm on Sunday, August 20th;
- Who fail to comply with the set-up times will not be guaranteed approval to operate during the event;
- Will receive a map of the grounds at vendor check-in;
- Will receive four (4) admission bracelets at check-in with their paid vendor space (Additional bracelets may be purchased for $4 each);
- May park up one (1) vehicle within the festival grounds on the grass closest to Hamilton Street (Space for on-site parking is subject to availability and applicable City regulations.) Any vehicles parked on-site cannot be operated during festival hours.
- Are expected to operate until the end of the festival. No Vendor may remove items with the assistance of a vehicle from their site until the festival has closed at 6:00pm. Hours of operation w for the festival will be 12:00pm – 6:00pm.
All Food Vendors:
- Must be prepared for an Allentown Board of Health inspection on Sunday, August 20th at 11:00am.
- Solely responsible for any equipment, food, beverage or items of personal property that are brought to the festival site;
- Responsible for food preparation (if applicable), as well as waste and trash removal from their site to a garbage receptacle provided;
- Are strongly encouraged to follow Allentown recycling guidelines.
- Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley holds exclusive rights to distribute bottled water. Pride GLV reserves the right to ask any vendor who is selling bottled water to abstain.
- Electrical connections are available for an additional $40.00 fee. Vendors may also provide their own generator if electricity is required. Complete requirements on registration form.
- Festival organizers will not provide vendors with tables, tents or chairs unless specific arrangements have been made in advance.
- Running water is available. However, it is the responsibility of the vendor to provide all hose fittings and ample notice of needs. Complete requirements on registration form.
- Check or money order must accompany registration. All returned checks will be charged a $30.00 fee.
- Online registration and payment is available at www.prideglv.org.
- Late registration (after 8/18/17) will require a full payment with money order or certified bank check only.
- No personal checks will be accepted after 8/18/17.
- Insurance certificates are required by all Food Vendors. Certificate shall be at least $500,000 minimum liability coverage naming: Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley, its officers and Pride in the Park as additionally insured.
- Food Vendors are required to pay a $50.00 Refundable Security Deposit. This payment should be made in a separate check and will be returned upon final inspection of vendor grounds at the end of the event by the Vendor Chair or other designated Pride in the Park representative.
- Food Vendors are required to obtain a temporary Health License from the Department of Health in Allentown. Phone: 610-437-7760.
- All Food and Merchandise Vendors must obtain a business license to conduct sales from the City of Allentown. Phone: 610-437-7507
- Without the appropriate licensing and documentation, a vendor area will remain closed for the duration of the festival. All vendor fees are non-refundable.
2017 WAIVER OF LIABILITY & HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the PRIDE IN THE PARK 2017 FESTIVAL, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, PRIDE OF THE GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY, their officers, agents, servants or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or any of the property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise, while participating in such activity or while in, on or upon the premise where activity is being conducted.
I am fully aware of the unusual risk involved and hazards connected with the activity, including but not limited to the risks as noted herein. I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity with full knowledge that said activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me or any loss or damage of property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damages or cost, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
I understand that PRIDE OF THE GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY does maintain an insurance policy, covering any circumstances arising from my participation in this event or any activity associated with or facilitating that participation. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance portfolio.
I understand that PRIDE OF THE GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY will not be responsible for any Medical Costs associated with an injury that I may sustain.
It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse/domestic partner, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND
COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of
Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania.
In ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTING THE VENDOR REGISTRATION FORM, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act or deed; no oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.